Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Dark Knight Kinetic Typography

I know my last post was on typeface, but i came across this yesterday, and could not possibly NOT post this.

If you read my blog you know that I am an obscene fan of comic books, cartoons, all that good stuff. My favorite comic book character (amongst many others) is BATMAN!!! oh my god i wish i WAS batman.

anyway, so batman is awesome, and the latest movie of the awesome character, being Christopher Nolans, the Dark Knight  is a masterpiece of the masterpieces. One particular scene in the movie is the second appearance, but first speech of the villainous and psychopathic Joker (played by the late Heath Ledger may he rest in peace). The speech is a very masterful one and is one of the most powerful scene in the movie (my favorite)

so some genius has saw fit to honor this scene in a typographic way, and do i say it is masterful.



The following video speaks for itself





video courtesy of youtube user shibby31485

the typeface used is so cryptically perfect for the speech if i do say so myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment